February 02, 2012

Delirium


Mama, Mama, help me get home 
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own. 
I found me a werewolf, a nasty old mutt 
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my gut. 

Mama, Mama, help me get home 
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own. 
I was stopped by a vampire, a rotting old wreck 
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my neck. 

Mama, Mama, put me to bed 
I won't make it home, I'm already half-dead. 
I met an Invalid, and fell for his art 
He showed me his smile, and went straight for my heart.

:Lauren Oliver, Delirium:



*deliria - plural of delirium. A temporary state of mental confusion and fluctuating consciousness resulting from high fever, intoxication, shock, or other causes. It is characterized by anxiety, disorientation, hallucinations, delusions, and incoherent speech.

*invalid - a person who's infirm or sickly. ( in this case. sick. because love is a disease.)
www.tips-fb.com

No comments: